INFORMATION ON CLOGGING TAPS/SHOES
CLOGGING SHOES DANCE STORES (East Valley - Phoenix)
Dee’s Dancewear (3050 N. Dobson Road, Chandler) 480-964-6703
Body Language (Chandler Fashion Mall)
You may find better deals online:
CLOGGING SHOES ONLINE & CLOGGING APPAREL
You can always do your own online search for clogging shoes, but below are listed some that are available:
http://amazon.com They sell 3 different kinds of clogging shoes. "Dance Class Split Soles" are what most people in our area purchase.
http://pacificcoastdancesupply.com (San Diego, CA) 619-663-4029
http://petticoatjct.com (Lynwood, WA) 800-344-3262
www.clogon.com Can buy/sell new or used shoes. http://www.clogon.com/sell-used-clogging-shoes/
www.stevens-clogging.com (Mercer, PA) 800-544-7824 Stevens Worldwide
www.carlsclogging.com (Salem, SC) 800-848-6366
http://www.clog.org/Merchandise/vendor_network.html (C.L.O.G. Marketplace) C.L.O.G. is the national clogging organization based in Georgia.
http://cds.cluboutfitter.com/ (clogdancing.com's online store)
For dancing on the wood floors in the East Valley, please use GLUE-ON style taps and install using a GOOP product (may be purchased at Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ace Hardware). Any type of goop will work (household, marine, etc.), they are all the same. The product must be "clear silicone"
It’s best to buy NON-Nail on (GLUE-ON) taps if you are going to be dancing on wood floors. The burrs around the nail holes are known to scratch wood floors (not necessarily the nails themselves).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING TAPS using silicone:
1. Wipe tap and sole of shoe clean. It’s a good idea to scratch up the shiny underside of the taps with steel wool or sand paper to make the glue adher better.
2. Lay tap in desired place on shoe and outline with pencil. Press one of the adhesive dots onto the underside of each rivet hole (to keep adhesive out of rivet). Or, you can use little bits of masking tape to cover the inside of the rivets.
3. It’s a good idea to help fill up the gap between the sole and the underside of the tap with two-sided tape. You can use Fast-Ons. They may be purchased at Stevens Worldwide (web address given above). If you are using Fast-Ons, apply glue to both sides of them (be sure to remove the protective paper first). If you are not using Fast-Ons, you will need lots of goop to fill up the gap between the sole of the shoe and the underside of the tap.
4. Apply adhesive to inside of pencil marks on the bottom of the sole. Also apply goop to the underside of the tap.
5. Press taps into place and hold taps in place with masking tape until adhesive dries (usually best to wait one day).
6. Write your NAME and PHONE NUMBER on the underside of both shoes.